Take a look at the first 40 speakers confirmed for DIS 2017
With the deadline for pre-agenda, discounted registration for the 10th Digital Innovators’ Summit (DIS) getting ever closer, take a look at the first 40 speakers confirmed for the Summit, which will take place on 19-21 March 2017 in Berlin, Germany (main Summit on 20-21 March).
The DIS pre-agenda offer, with savings of €600 on final delegate rates, ends on 30 November - a little more than a week from now. Click here to sign up before the offer expires, or contact Anja Mumm at a.mumm[at]vdz.de if you are interested in custom packages for delegations of 5+ people.
DIS 2017 speakers:
We already have 40 speakers confirmed, and counting. They will speak across 3 stages at DIS 2017 in a programme that includes standalone and panel discussions, as well as more focused deep-dives into particular topics. Here is a little more about some of them:
• Arnaud de Puyfontaine is the CEO of Vivendi. Vivendi operates businesses throughout the media value chain, with main subsidiaries Canal+ Group and Universal Music Group. Further Vivendi interests include ticketing, subscription video on demand, content aggregation and distribution, digital radio and more. Prior to Vivendi, Arnaud was (among other positions) CEO of Hearst UK. He is also a director of Schibsted.
• Jennifer Brandel is Co-founder and CEO of Hearken. Hearken was awarded a spot in Matter.vc’s accelerator and as the best “bootstrap company” at SXSW 2016. The company “enables media outlets to engage audiences in reporting from story genesis to completion”. Jennifer began her career in journalism in the early 2000s and was awarded as “Media Changemaker” by the Center for Collaborative Journalism at Mercer University earlier in 2016.
• Jay Lauf is publisher, Quartz and SVP, Atlantic Media. Prior to joining, Jay was with Wired in the US for 7 years, 2 of which as publisher. He has also overseen several startups and web launches, as well as events and conventions. Quartz launched in 2012 as a mobile-first, digitally native outlet built on creative, intelligent journalism. Jay has been closely involved with Quartz’s rapid expansion since.
• Francesca Donner is Director of Times Insider at The New York Times. The mission of Times Insider is to give readers “a high-touch experience that brings them deep into the heart of The New York Times newsroom.” As director of Times Insider, Francesca is positioned at the crossroads of audience, product and newsroom.
• Lucy Küng is Google News Senior Research Fellow at the Reuters Institute, the University of Oxford. She is an advisor, speaker, writer and professor on strategy, innovation and leadership with particular emphasis on mastering technological disruption in media. Her current research focuses on developing roadmaps for strategic transformation.
• See thefull list of the first 40 confirmed speakers here.
With digital in a continuous state of innovation and change, DIS 2017 brings together experts in the media and related industries from around the world to share ideas, insights and expertise.
Now in its 10th year, DIS is a premium event attracting more than 600 top-level delegates from 30+ countries. In addition to the speaker programme, DIS 2017 provides opportunity to meet, discuss trends, challenges and opportunities, and/or simply catch up and have fun through a number of formal and informal networking events.
DIS is organised by FIPP, the network for global media, and VDZ, the German Publishers Association. See more at innovators-summit.com.Register on or before 30 November to save €600 on the final delegate rate.